Your vehicle is your next biggest investment after buying a house. That means most people want to take care of their investment for many years. In addition to oil changes, brakes, and other maintenance, running the vehicle through a car wash also helps keep the vehicle in good condition.
Columbia Auto Care & Car Wash in Columbia, MD makes washing your car easy and a time-saver. Rather than you spending a couple of hours of your day cleaning your vehicle, you can get it done professionally and in less time.
A Simple Frequency Guideline for Washing Your Car
Dirt, bird poop, grime, oils, and other cruds can eventually eat through the paint. Washing your vehicle is something you should do quite often—at least every two weeks—to protect the paint.
You should also wax your vehicle every six months. The wax helps protect the paint.
However, acidic grime will quickly eat through a coat of wax. Thus, washing the vehicle every two weeks prevents that from happening.
Columbia Auto Care & Car Wash in Columbia, MD makes it easy to wash your vehicle and saves time. Rather than you spending a couple of hours of your day cleaning your vehicle, you can get it done professionally and in less time.
How to Wash Your Car
The best way to washing your car is at Columbia Auto Care & Car Wash in Columbia, MD. However, if you’re in a bind and need to wash it by hand, take the following steps:
- Rinse the vehicle off with the hose.
- Wash the car with a lathered mitt or soft bristle brush, starting at the top and working your way down.
- Wash one quarter at a time, then rinse it so that the soap doesn’t create streaks.
- Use a soft bristle brush to wash the wheels. Be sure to rinse them carefully. If you don’t use a different brush for the wheels, be sure to do them last so you don’t rub brake dust into the vehicle’s paint.
- Give the entire vehicle one more good rinse.
- Use a towel to soak up most of the water.
- Buff the vehicle with a second towel to dry it completely.
Looking for the Best Car Wash in Columbia, MD?
At Columbia Auto Care & Car Wash, you’ll get a clean car and won’t have to worry about road grime and bird droppings. Keeping your vehicle clean is nearly as important as doing the maintenance on the engine if you want to keep the paint in good condition and prevent rusting.